TEACHER appreciation week comes once a year in the Spring.
Educators all around the US receive praise for their work at school and in their community.
When is Teacher Appreciation Week 2021?
Teacher Appreciation Week kicks off on May 2, 2022, and runs through May 6.
Throughout the week, many restaurants and stores offer teachers special discounts and freebies to thank them for their hard work.
The special deals last all week, but on Tuesday, May 3, teachers can score more freebies because it is National Teacher’s Day.
READ MORE ON THE US SUN
Tactics to help you get the best deals at discount stores like T.J. Maxx
What stores offer deals on Teacher Appreciation Week?
Teachers can receive discounts and free items at these stores all around the US:
- Costco: Teachers can join Costco as a new member and receive a $20 Costco Shop Card. This offer, which does not note an ending date, is through SheerID, which verifies eligibility. Visit the SheerID Costco page to learn more.
- Office Depot: From May 2 through June 25, teachers who can present a valid teacher's ID will get 20 percent off qualifying regular-priced purchases as well as 20 percent back in bonus rewards.
- Staples: Teachers will receive 20 percent in rewards through May 7 and Staples is giving away teacher gift boxes, while supplies last.
- Buffalo Wild Wings: Teachers will get a 20 percent discount from May 2 to May 6 for dine-in orders and checks paid in-store for pickups. Teachers will need to show a valid teacher ID to qualify.
- Barnes and Noble: Teachers will get a free tall cup of coffee or tee on May 3 with a valid teacher's ID.
- Insomnia Cookies: Teachers will receive a free six-pack of cookies with any $5 in-store purchase from May 2 through May 7.
Most read in US News
'WISE BEYOND HER YEARS'
Everything to know about Amanda Berry's daughter Jocelyn
'WISE BEYOND HER YEARS'
Here's how you can sneak into the world's most exclusive sex party Snctm
At least 8 people dead & 14 others injured as violence erupts in major city
Inside the mystery deaths of five men with ties to one attorney
The dates of the special deals for teachers can vary by location and most offers require teachers to show a valid school ID.
It is advised to check with your closest store or restaurant to make sure it is a participating location.
When was the first Teacher Appreciation Week celebrated?
Teacher Appreciation Week is in part, owed to First lady Eleanor Roosevelt, who in 1953 persuaded Congress to honor educators.
It is unclear where the origin of the week came from.
However, it is believed that a teacher from Wisconsin or Arkansas petitioned the first lady to commemorate teachers that week.
National Teacher’s Day did not become official until March 7, 1980, after the National Education Association (NEA) and other local chapters lobbied Congress.
In 1984, the National Parent Teacher Association made the first full week of May as Teacher Appreciation Week.
The following year, the NEA voted to make the Tuesday of that week National Teacher Day.
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for The US Sun team?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212 416 4552.
Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheSunUS and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheSunUS
Source: Read Full Article