A Disneyland Paris staff maintenance worker has tested positive for coronavirus – but the theme park remains open.
The resort is checking on staff who had been in contact with the worker who was diagnosed over the weekend.
The worker affected has not been in contact with visitors, a spokesman for Disneyland Paris confirmed.
France banned gatherings of more than 1,000 people, as health authorities reported three new coronavirus deaths and an increase in the number of recorded infections on Sunday.
The new restrictions on large events expand on measures previously announced in coronavirus hotspots to apply them nationwide, health minister Olivier Veran said.
“The priority is to do all we can to slow the transmission of the virus,” he said.
The revised figures take the country’s death toll from the outbreak to 19, as the number of reported infections also rose.
Have you been affected? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The total number of confirmed cases in France came to 1,126 as of 2pm yesterday, public health officials said.
That represents an increase of 177 cases on the tally reported late on Saturday, which had risen by 336 over the previous 24 hours.
The European Parliament will hold an emergency meeting today to consider calling off this week's plenary session of the EU assembly due to the coronavirus outbreak, two officials said.
It had been due to sit in Strasbourg, France, for the plenary but last week it was decided that the members of the assembly should meet in Brussels to avoid unnecessary travel.
The number of people infected with coronavirus topped 110,000 across the world as the outbreak reached more countries.
More than 3,800 have died globally, according to a Reuters tally of government announcements.
Coronavirus claimed its third victim in the UK last night.
The latest casualty was a man in his 60s who had recently returned from Italy.
He sadly died at North Manchester General Hospital.
Italy has registered more cases of coronavirus than any country outside China while its death toll has risen to 366.
Around 16 million people, more than a quarter of the Italian population, are in a state of lockdown until April 3 as the infection rate of Covid-19 continues to rise.
Religious ceremonies and funerals have been suspended, and ski facilities in the affected mountain areas are closed.
British authorities are advising against all but essential travel to large swathes of Italy.
The Foreign Office (FCO) advice covers the Lombardy region, including the cities of Milan, Bergamo and Como, and the provinces of Modena, Parma, Piacenza, Reggio Emilia and Rimini – all in the Emilia Romagna region.
Also included are Pesaro and Urbino in the Marche region; Alessandria, Asti, Novara, Verbano-Cusio-Ossola and Vercelli in the Piemonte region; and Padova, Treviso and Venice in the Veneto region.
Mainland China, where the outbreak began, had 40 new cases as of Sunday.
This was down from 44 cases a day earlier.
Source: Read Full Article