The actor portraying Guy in the Oscar-nominated comedy was axed from the Disney Plus reboot of the hit 1997 film after the streamer completed an investigation.
AceShowbiz –Hugo Speer is maintaining his innocence. The Guy depicter in “The Full Monty” has denied inappropriate conduct allegations made against him after he was fired from Disney+ TV revival.
On Tuesday, July 5, the 53-year-old actor’s spokesman Simon Brewer released a statement. “Hugo denies all the allegations and is challenging all of them,” Simon said.
While the details surrounding the inappropriate conduct allegations have not been made public at this time, Disney+ launched an investigation after claims from the production set were brought forward.
In a statement to Deadline earlier this month, the streamer revealed, “Recently, we were made aware of allegations of inappropriate conduct by Hugo Speer on the set of a commissioned production. As is policy, an investigation was launched. Upon its completion, the decision was made to terminate his contract, with immediate effect.”
Prior to his firing, Hugo was set to reprise the role of Guy from the 1997 hit British film. Original co-stars Robert Carlyle, Lesley Sharp and Paul Barber are set to reprise their roles on the forthcoming “The Full Monty” reboot, which will pick up in Sheffield in the present day, 25 years after the events of the first film.
“The Fully Monty” follows a rag-tag group of six unemployed men in Sheffield, England, who create a striptease act in an attempt to earn money. The Disney+ reprise is an 8-episode limited series that follows the characters as they navigate deteriorating healthcare, education and employment systems.
Mark Addy, Steve Huison, Wim Snape and Tom Wilkinson will also reprise their roles. “The Full Monty” original screenwriter Simon Beaufoy will write and executive produce alongside original producer Uberto Pasolini.
“We’re chuffed to bits to get all the Monty Men back together again, now with a chaotic entourage of children, grandchildren, pets and assorted hangers-on, to see what life in Sheffield is like twenty-five years on,” Simon previously said in a statement.
“The Full Monty” was a worldwide success upon its release in 1997, and even went on to land a Best Picture nomination at the Academy Awards the following year.
Source: Read Full Article