Strictly: Anton Du Beke says judges dancing ‘an option’
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Anton Du Beke is a fan-favourite on the BBC’s Strictly Come Dancing as he has been a part of the show since day one. The professional dancer stepped in for regular judge Bruno Tonioli last year, as Bruno was stuck in the US during the Covid pandemic. Anton has continued his role as judge this season, but does this mean he will not perform as a professional dancer anymore?
Has Anton Du Beke left the Strictly professionals for good?
Strictly Come Dancing fans were thrilled to hear Anton had stepped up as the fourth judge on Strictly this year.
Sadly Bruno was unable to return from the US version of the show, but he personally recommended Anton for the role.
Speaking to Express.co.uk and other media, the show’s executive producer Sarah James said: “It was a bit of a no-brainer with Anton.
“Obviously he did a couple of weeks last year. He did brilliantly, he’s our longest-standing pro and yeah he’s going to be fantastic.”
Yet this may have led fans to question whether Anton will step back onto the dancefloor next year.
At this moment in time, it is too early to say whether Anton will keep his role as judge or not in 2022.
Hopefully, Coronavirus restrictions will be a thing of the past, but the show will still need to keep the safety of all those involved in mind.
From this, there is a chance he will be asked to reprise his role as judge in Bruno’s absence next year.
BT.com suggested the ballroom star had indeed left the Strictly professionals lineup altogether.
The dancer still performs alongside former Strictly professional Erin Boag, and they continue to tour together.
Their next event is called A Christmas Evening with Anton and Erin, and it will take place on November 21.
The performance will be held at the Celtic Manor Resort Hotel and it will include a ballroom showcase and dance lesson.
With this in mind, it seems Anton is more than capable of returning to the dancefloor next year if given the chance.
The star recently opened up about his first night judging the 2021 series, saying he “loved it”.
Speaking on Claudia Winkelman’s BBC Radio 2 show, he said: “I loved every second of it. I loved all the sitting and watching the dancers.
“Seeing what they were producing and knowing how they were feeling, I know what it was like to go first.”
He has been able to empathise with all of the contestants who were feeling the nerves last weekend.
However, as the stakes get higher each week, his strict side may start to shine through as he wants the best for each celebrity.
He was blown away by AJ Odudu’s Jive in the first week and had plenty of praise for the other contestants.
Ahead of the first show, he said on Instagram: “What a tremendous show our brand new #strictly couples have in store for us tonight.
“Huge luck to you all!! Feel the music, go with it, literally do whatever your professional partner tells you to do, and you’ll be fine! See you at 7, my loves… I’ll be at my desk!”
Fans flocked to the comments to praise him in his new role, with Bobby_seagull saying: “Can’t wait to see you judge for the new season!”
However, there were plenty of fans who missed him performing on the dancefloor, which he admitted he missed.
Following Greg Wise’s performance, Anton said he would have loved to have been out there with his top hat and cane, like old times.
Hopefully, he will get to perform on the dancefloor again soon.
Strictly Come Dancing airs on BBC One tonight at 6.45pm.
Source: Read Full Article