UFC kicks off 2021 with a bang as Conor McGregor returns to the Octagon to main event UFC 257.
In his way is the American Dustin Poirer in a rematch of their 2014 clash which McGregor won by first round TKO at UFC 178.
When is UFC 257?
- UFC 257 takes place on Saturday, January 23 2021.
- The early prelims start from 11.30pm GMT, the prelims 1am and the main card from 3am.
- Expect the main event of McGregor vs Poirier at around 5am GMT.
- UFC's Fight Island in Abu Dhabi plays host.
What TV channel and live stream is UFC 257 on?
- UFC 257 will be broadcast live on BT Sport Box Office in the UK.
- The price has yet to be announced.
- In the US, the event will be live on ESPN+.
What is the full card and prelims?
The full card plus which fights are on the early prelims and prelims have yet to be announced. Here is what we know so far:
- Dustin Poirier vs Conor McGregor (lightweight)
- Jessica Eye vs Joanne Calderwood (women's flyweight)
- Khalil Rountree Jr vs Marcin Prachnio (light heavyweight)
- Marina Rodriguez vs Amanda Ribas (women's strawweight)
- Brad Tavares vs Antonio Carlos Junior (middleweight)
- Matt Frevola vs Ottman Azaitar (lightweight)
- Shane Burgos vs Hakeem Dawodu (featherweight)
What have they said?
McGregor: "Back on the horse! Time zone adjusting. Weight scale calculating. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail. No chance! I am preparing a masterpiece!"
Poirier: "I feel like Khabib’s a guy of his word. If he says he’s retired, he’s most likely retired.
"Number two is Gaethje, I got a win over him. I feel like me and Conor could potentially be for the belt.
“I’m a former interim champion looking to get some gold back around my waist.
“Conor is a former undisputed world champion in the lightweight division.
"Both of our last defeats were to the current/’retired’ world champion. So I don’t know.”
Colby Covington, former team-mate of Poirier's: "All I gotta say guys is make sure you guys got the Kleenex ready at the press conference.
“Cause you know Dustin Sore-ier is going to break down on the mic.
“He’s gonna cry to the world, get everyone to feel sympathy and feel bad for him. He’s going to get sparked again in the first round ’cause he’s completely washed up and has no chin anymore and no heart.
"It’s not going to be competitive. I think Conor’s just going to spark him in the first round."
Source: Read Full Article