Sarah Ferguson says she stands by her wedding vows to Prince Andrew

‘My heart is my oath’: Sarah Ferguson insists she stands by her wedding vows to Prince Andrew despite divorcing 25 years ago – as insiders claim he’s ‘utterly convinced’ he will brush off rape allegations

  • Sarah Ferguson said she stands by commitments she made on her wedding day 
  • Despite being divorced since 1996, the Duke and Duchess of York remain close
  • On Tuesday, the Queen’s son, 61, travelled up to the monarch’s Balmoral estate
  • Joined by Sarah, who recently said ‘divorce is one thing, but my heart is my oath’

Sarah Ferguson has said she stands by the commitments she made on her wedding day to Prince Andrew – as insiders reportedly claim he is ‘utterly convinced’ he will brush off rape and sex assault allegations from Jeffrey Epstein’s former sex slave.

Despite being officially divorced since 1996, the Duke and Duchess of York have maintain a remarkably close bond, with the pair living together in Royal Lodge in Windsor.

On Tuesday, the Queen’s son, 61, travelled up to the monarch’s 50,000-acre Balmoral estate – where she is currently on holiday – to allegedly avoid further attempts to serve sexual assault papers at his mansion in the Berkshire town.

He was joined by Sarah, who during a recent trip to Poland declared ‘divorce is one thing, but my heart is my oath’ as she told the local press that her wedding to Prince Andrew in 1986 was one of the best days of her life.

Sarah Ferguson (pictured) has said she stands by the commitments she made on her wedding day to Prince Andrew – as insiders reportedly claim he is ‘utterly convinced’ he will brush off rape and sex assault allegations from Jeffrey Epstein’s former sex slave

On Tuesday, the Queen’s son (pictured) travelled up to the monarch’s 50,000-acre Balmoral estate – where she is currently on holiday – to allegedly avoid further attempts to serve sexual assault papers at his mansion in the Berkshire town. He was joined by Sarah

The mother of the York princesses, Eugenie, 31, Beatrice, 33, told Polsat News that she ‘made a commitment [on that day] that she will always follow’. 

‘When you make that commitment, you decide to marry a prince – and I fell in love with him. He was a sailor, he is still. He was a helicopter pilot and was also a prince,’ she said.

‘I kept my commitment, no matter what. People said: “You got divorced”… They don’t know how I feel. Divorce is one thing, but my heart is my oath, my obligation.’

The 61-year-old was in Poland last week to open a cosmetic medicine centre, owned by her friend Dr Gabriela Mercik, where she was captured cutting a red ribbon.

Mercik, who is Polish, runs another clinic on Harley Street, central London, where the duchess has undergone cosmetic treatments.

Sarah was in Poland last week to open a cosmetic medicine centre, owned by her friend Dr Gabriela Mercik, where she was captured cutting a red ribbon (pictured) 

Sarah first visited Poland in the early 1990s, when she created a charity to help youngsters who were suffering as a result of poor air quality.

During the interview, she also discussed ‘disgusting’ internet trolls and being ‘very vulnerable’.

She said: ‘[Princess] Diana and I have experienced many, many, really awful headlines. It took a lot of psychotherapy, mental suffering, for me to talk to you today. Because sometimes you believe all of this. Then you break down… 

‘But you are human. And when you are, things hurt. And I’m very vulnerable, so it’s easy to hurt me.’

Andrew has travelled with Sarah Ferguson to Balmoral Castle (file picture), with is the Queen’s Scottish retreat

The Queen with her son Prince Andrew on the Buckingham Palace balcony in June 2019

Sarah has travelled to Balmoral with Andrew after they were seen leaving the Royal Lodge in Berkshire on Tuesday.

It comes after insiders reportedly claimed Andrew is ‘utterly convinced’ that he will brush off allegations of rape and sexual assault from Jeffrey Epstein’s former sex slave and believes he could return to public life as soon as the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee next year.  

Timeline of another dramatic month in the Prince Andrew case 

  • August 9: Virginia Giuffre files a civil case in New York claiming Prince Andrew sexually abused her aged 17
  • August 10: Andrew arrives at Balmoral with his ex-wife Sarah Ferguson, and is joined by Eugenie the next day
  • August 10: US lawyers were allegedly trying to hold him up on his horse to serve him papers before he left.
  • August 12: Dame Cressida Dick says she has told Met Police detectives to review the claims against Andrew 
  • August 13: Ms Giuffre’s lawyer says Andrew will be served papers in person under the Hague Convention
  • August 14: Epstein’s telecoms specialist says he will swear on oath that he saw Andrew groping Ms Giuffre 
  • August 15: Andrew’s friends say he is ‘cheerful and relaxed’ over the case in and will remain silent
  • August 16: A source close to the US probe into Jeffrey Epstein says they view Andrew as a ‘person of interest’
  • September 7: Andrew leaves Royal Lodge in Windsor and travels nearly 500 miles to Balmoral in Scotland
  • September 13: First telephone conference in the case is scheduled at Manhattan Federal Court in New York
  • December 8: Deadline for Andrew to be served with court papers in person under the Hague Convention

The Duke of York has reportedly told aides that the scandal surrounding the bombshell lawsuit filed in a US court by Virginia Giuffre will ‘blow over’ and has earmarked a return to the royal front line in time for Her Majesty’s historic milestone anniversary.

Sources quoted by one newspaper described Andrew’s ‘incredibly bullish’ attitude and said he believes there is time to salvage his reputation. Palace sources have insisted the duke will ‘not take part’ in any of the official celebrations marking the Queen’s seven decades on the throne.

One insider close to the royal told The Daily Mirror: ‘It is clear he (Andrew) has a clear and burning desire to return to work as soon as possible. 

‘That may look entirely impossible but if anything he’s become emboldened in recent weeks and remains utterly convinced he will not only be exonerated but will certainly forge a way back to public life.

‘Certainly he has given the incredibly bullish impression that this will all blow over within a short while, rather than become a protracted issue.’

On Wednesday the duke was seen at a a fishing lodge in a secluded forest six miles from Balmoral and was said to have had a personal lunch with the Queen. 

Andrew has not yet publicly responded to the bombshell lawsuit filed in a US court by paedophile financier Epstein’s ex-sex slave Ms Giuffre, who claims he sexually abused her when she was 17. The duke has always denied her allegations. 

Ms Giuffre has accused Andrew of abusing her at Epstein’s Manhattan mansion as well as his private Caribbean island, and at the London home of his madam Ghislaine Maxwell, who is currently in a New York jail awaiting sex abuse and grooming charges.

Papers have not yet been served on Andrew or his lawyers despite ‘multiple attempts’ at Royal Lodge in the last fortnight, according to The Sun – and the Duke is now set to stay at the Queen’s estate while the case is heard.

Andrew will have to be served in person with court papers including a copy of Ms Guiffre’s complaint – which was filed on August 10 – under the Hague Convention international law treaty because he is a foreign citizen.

When the lawsuit was filed, her legal team were given 120 days to get Andrew the papers or his lawyers could try to get the case dismissed. Andrew would have 21 days to respond once the papers are officially served.

Under the New York Civil Practice Law and Rules (CPLR), papers must be served on all defendants within 120 days after a civil complaint is filed at court – and the action can then be dismissed unless the plaintiff can ‘show good cause for the delay’. This means Ms Guiffre’s lawyers will have until December 8 to serve the papers on Andrew. 

The civil suit is due to be heard via a telephone conference next Monday in Manhattan, New York. Ms Giuffre, now 38, claims she was forced to have sex with Andrew three times on the orders of paedophile financier Epstein. 

Source: Read Full Article