IF you're a fan of espresso martini then Lidl is selling pre-made bottles for a tenner.
That works out at just £2 per cocktail.
The classic cocktail containing vodka, kahlua (a Mexican coffee liqueur made of rum, sugar and coffee) and espresso coffee is now available so you can enjoy your own happy hour at home.
Lidls' pre-mixed bottle contains an alcohol by volume (ABV) content of 19% and 500ml.
To find your nearest Lidl, use the store locator tool on its website.
As always, please remember to drink responsibly and be DrinkAware.
Aldi doesn't sell a pre-made espresso martini mix – but lots of other supermarkets do.
Tesco Finest espresso martini is the same price as Lidl's – costing £10.
Waitrose has a "lazy espresso martini" mixas part of its Heston Blumenthals' range, costing £20.
Asda is offering four cans of Funkin Nitro Cocktails Espresso Martini for £8, working out as £2 per 200ml can.
While Sainsburys are selling Kahlua brand espresso martini in a can for £1.75.
Hotel Chocolat has its own Velvetised Espresso Martini at £22 for 500ml, but it is on the pricey side.
How to cut the cost of your grocery shop
SAVING on your shop can make a big difference to your wallet. Here are some tips from comparison site Money.co.uk about how you can cut the cost of your shopping bills:
- Write yourself a list – Only buy items that you need. If it isn’t on your list, don’t put it in the trolley
- Create a budget – Work out a weekly budget for your food shopping
- Never shop hungry – you are far more likely to buy more food if your tummy is rumbling
- Don’t buy pre-chopped veggies or fruit – The extra they’ll charge for chopping can be eye watering
- Use social media – follow your favourite retailers to find out about the latest deals
- Be disloyal – You may want to go to different stores to find the best bargains
- Check the small print – It’s always worth checking the price per kg/lb/litre when comparing offers so you’re making a like for like decision as a bigger box won’t necessarily mean you get more
- Use your loyalty cards – Don’t be afraid to sign up to them all. They all work slightly differently – work out what bonus suits you better and remember to trade in your points for additional rewards
Compare Lidl's other cocktail pre-mixes as it also sells Negroni bottles – and they cost £2 a glass
Watch Lidl's Christmas advert which subtly addresses their rivalry with Aldi.
Try the ultimate drinks crossover as Kahlua mimicks Guinness foam in this Espresso Martini.
Source: Read Full Article