BOOTS has launched a clearance sale with up to 70% off – but it's only on makeup and beauty.
The retailer typically rolls out a mega sale with 70% off at end of January each year.
The sale is usually made up of leftover Christmas stock such as beauty sets and toys, rather than everyday essentials like toiletries or makeup.
However, it hasn't yet launched the sale this year – although it told The Sun it plans to do so but it couldn't yet confirm when.
Yet in good news for shoppers, it's currently doing a smaller clearance sale online and in stores.
It comes after Boots launched an up to 70% sale on Mothercare baby clothing last month.
How to compare prices to get the best deal
JUST because something is on offer, or is part of a sale, it doesn’t mean it’s always a good deal.
There are plenty of comparison websites out there that'll check prices for you – so don't be left paying more than you have to.
Most of them work by comparing the prices across hundreds of retailers.
Here are some that we recommend:
- Google Shopping is a tool that lets users search for and compare prices for products across the web. Simply type in keywords, or a product number, to bring up search results.
- Price Spy logs the history of how much something costs from over 3,000 different retailers, including Argos, Amazon, eBay and the supermarkets. Once you select an individual product you can quickly compare which stores have the best price and which have it in stock.
- Idealo is another website that lets you compare prices between retailers. All shoppers need to do is search for the item they need and the website will rank them from the cheapest to the most expensive one.
- CamelCamelCamel only works on goods being sold on Amazon. To use it, type in the URL of the product you want to check the price of.
As it's a clearance sale, the items are only available as long as stocks last so it's best to be quick.
Shoppers can click and collect from their nearest Boots store for a £1.50 fee, or if you spend more than £20, it's free.
Alternatively, Boots offers home delivery for £3.50, unless you spend more than £30, which means it's free.
We've picked out our favourite offers below.
Before you splash out, make sure you shop around as you may be able to find a cheaper deal elsewhere.
Google's price comparison tool, Google Shopping, is free and easy to use.
CYO Shimmer Switch Bronzing & Highlighting Palette – Lost in Space
- Was: £5. Now: £1.50. Save: £3.50 (70%) – buy now
The bronzing and highlighting palette by CYO comes with four shimmer shades.
Boots has slashed the price to just £1.50, saving you £3.50, or 70%.
Amazon is selling what appears to be the same palette for £6.59, meaning you'll save cash by shopping at Boots.
CYO All Eyes & Cheeks Cream Shadow & Blush
- Was: £4.50. Now: £1.35. Save: £3.15 (70%) – buy now
Boots has also reduced the price of this CYO shadow and blush by 70%.
It's said to be blendable and long lasting – perfect for long days or nights out once coronavirus restrictions are eased.
CYO is selling the same product on Amazon for a pricier £9.99, so you're once again better off by shopping at Boots.
Sleek MakeUP Major Morphosis Lip Strobe
- Was: £5.99. Now: £2.99. Save: £3 (50%) – buy now
This lip gloss by Sleek MakeUP transforms from a foiled finish to a dazzling glitter when it comes under direct light.
You can use it alone or on top of a lip colour.
Boots is offering the cheapest price we could find, with LookFantastic selling it for £5.99.
Sleek MakeUP Shattered Glass Lip Topper
- Was: £5.49. Now: £2.74. Save: £2.75 (50%) – buy now
Another Sleek MakeUP product that will add some glitter to your face is this shattered glass lip topper.
It can also be worn alone or you can put it on top of a lipstick for a multidimensional look.
Sleek MakeUP's official website usually sells it for £5.49, but it's currently listed as out of stock.
Gucci Guilty Love Edition Eau de Parfum For Her 50ml
- Was: £73. Now: £48.66. Save: £24.34 (33%) – buy now
This Gucci eau de parfum is a floral and fruity scent for women.
It's said to be a tribute to the character of the Narcissus flower.
Boots is once again offering the cheapest price we could find, although Lookincredible.co.uk isn't far behind by selling it for £48.99.
A Boots shopper recently bagged 20 hair products from 20p each as part of a mega clearance.
Last month, The Entertainer also added more items to its sale, offering discounts of up to 75%.
And in January, Boots launched a new No7 Vitamin C Radiance+ Skincare range.
Source: Read Full Article