5.30pm Man Utd news LIVE: Pogba could stay due to Bruno Fernandes, Sancho and Grealish £160m summer transfer – The Sun

MANCHESTER UNITED will face former captain Wayne Rooney in their FA Cup fifth round fixture against Derby County.

And while Paul Pogba will not return tonight, he is said to be so impressed with what he's seen from Bruno Fernandes that he's interested in staying at the club.

Follow all the latest updates and transfer gossip from Old Trafford below…

  • CARLO FINED

    Everton manager Carlo Ancelotti has been fined £8,000 for his post-match red card against United but will not face a touchline ban, according to PA.

    The Italian was charged with a breach of FA Rule E3 after marching onto the field to confront referee Chris Kavanagh after his side were denied an added-time winner by VAR on Sunday at Goodison Park.

    An FA statement said: “The Everton FC manager admitted that his language and/or behaviour on the field of play at the end of the fixture amounted to improper conduct and also accepted the standard penalty.

    The Everton manager was furious when Dominic Calvert-Lewin's strike, deflected off Harry Maguire, was ruled out after a video review judged a seated Gylfi Sigurdsson to be in an offside position in the line of vision of goalkeeper David De Gea.

    Having accepted the punishment, Ancelotti is clear to take his place in the dugout for Sunday's trip to former club Chelsea.

  • ROOS HIS TEMPER

    Wayne Rooney admits he still sees the red mist… even at the age of 34.

    The hothead Derby captain lines up against old club Manchester United in the FA Cup fifth round tonight.

    The Rams ace, who netted 253 times for United and 53 for his country, admitted: “I am still trying to learn how to control it now.

    “It came into play a couple of weeks ago when we played Luton away.

    “I went in the dressing room and I absolutely erupted. I had to take myself away before I went too far. I took myself into the shower area and had a few seconds to myself.”

  • POGBACK FOR GOOD?

    Record signing Paul Pogba may still be “open to staying at Manchester United” this summer, according to reports.

    The Frenchman has rarely featured this season and has long been thought to be trying to engineer an Old Trafford exit.

    His controversial agent Mino Raiola was even involved in a public war of words with manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer last month, amid speculation surrounding his client Pogba.

    His former club Juventus have been touted as a potential destination, with a link-up with compatriot Zinedine Zidane at Real Madrid also a possibility.

    Pogba, 26, will have just one year remaining on his United contract come the end of the season, but according to Tuttosport, he is not 100 per cent convinced that leaving Old Trafford is the best option – and could yet opt to stay.

  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY

    It's a double birthday celebration for two Reds today.

    Harry Maguire and Fred were both born on exactly the same day.

  • TURNSTILES TO SHUT

    Premier League clubs now expect they will have to play some games behind closed doors because of the coronavirus.

    Everton chief finance officer Sasha Ryazantsev revealed the Goodison outfit now anticipated behind closed doors games are set to be played.

    Ryazentsev, speaking at the FT Business of Football Summit in London, said: “It would be a forced decision rather than one we would proactively engage in.

    “But the whole situation goes far beyond the world of sport.

    “Of course nobody wants to play behind closed doors and I don’t think it’s inevitable at the moment that it will happen.

    “But we feel it is quite likely it may happen in the coming weeks.”

Source: Read Full Article