Strictly judge Motsi Mabuse reveals she had to fly home to Germany after her dance school was broken into

Get the best celeb exclusives and video house tours to your inbox every evening with our daily newsletter

Strictly Come Dancing judge Motsi Mabuse is now beginning two weeks of quarantine after flying home to Germany from the UK for an "urgent reason."

Motsi will now not be in the Strictly studio for two weeks as she adheres to government guidelines and isolates for 14 days.

The 39 year old has now revealed why she had to make the urgent trip home to Germany, where she lives with her husband Evgenij Voznyuk and their daughter, two.

Sharing a snap of a door with broken glass on Instagram, she told her followers that her dance school had been broken into.

  • Strictly's Anton Du Beke confirmed as replacement for Motsi Mabuse as she's forced to self-isolate

  • Strictly Come Dancing's Motsi Mabuse will miss live shows as she isolates after urgent trip to Germany

Motsi explained the situation in a lengthy German caption.

She wrote: “Unfortunately we have no good news. Someone tried to break into our school @motsimabuse_taunustanzschule.

“We are working with the police to solve this crime. We know we have been targeted on purpose and we will improve security in our school that this will not happen again.”

Motsi had taken to Instagram on Thursday to announce her temporary exit from Strictly and reassured fans that she'll be watching and supporting from the comfort of her home.


The South African dancer said: "Hi Guys – Earlier this week I needed to travel to Germany for an urgent reason. I will of course be following the UK government guidelines and self-isolating for 14 days.

"I'll be watching from home and by the power of technology, should be in your living rooms. Watch out though, I'll be doing my own hair and make-up," she joked.

Anton Du Beke has since been confirmed as her replacement.


  • Strictly Come Dancing's HRVY says he has amazing chemistry with Janette: 'She's really looking after me'

  • Jamie Laing confesses Strictly Come Dancing is scarier than a bungee jump as he opens up on ‘brutal training’

The dancer will be joining the judging panel alongside Craig Revel-Horwood and Shirley Ballas.

Anton has a wealth of knowledge, after taking part on Strictly as a professional dancer since the very first series which aired in 2004.

The 54 year old was the first to be booted out of the current series with celebrity partner Jacqui Smith.

The BBC confirmed the news and said: "We are pleased to announce that the King of Ballroom Anton Du Beke is stepping into our Judging panel this weekend. Good luck Anton!"

Source: Read Full Article