Prince Harry ‘could pull out of Diana statue unveiling’ after ‘frosty reception’ at Prince Philip’s funeral, royal expert says

Get daily celeb exclusives and behind the scenes house tours direct to your inbox

Prince Harry could make a “convenient excuse” not to appear at the unveiling of his late mother Princess Diana’s statue, a royal expert has predicted.

The Duke of Sussex, 36, is said to have been left shocked by the “frosty reception” he received as he appeared at Prince Philip’s funeral earlier this month.

Prince Harry was reunited with the Royal Family for the first time after his and wife Meghan Markle’s explosive interview with Oprah Winfrey.

During the interview a number of claims were made, including accusations a member of the Royal Family asked what colour skin the couple’s son Archie would have.

  • Prince Harry 'constantly doting' on pregnant wife Meghan Markle as she prepares to give birth

  • Oprah Winfrey 'surprised' Meghan Markle 'went all the way there' with racism claims in interview with Harry

Get exclusive celebrity stories and fabulous photoshoots straight to your inbox with OK!'s daily newsletter. You can sign up at the top of the page.

He was reportedly "barely acknowledged" by some members of the Royal Family, including Princess Anne, Prince Edward and Sophie Countess of Wessex as the Royal Family laid the Duke of Edinburgh to rest.

Prince Harry is due to stand alongside his brother Prince William for a ceremony to unveil the statue in Kensington Palace’s Sunken Garden on what would be Princess Diana’s 60th birthday on Thursday 1 July.

But, royal expert Russell Myers has claimed Harry’s visit could be a flying one, or he may not come at all.

He was asked by talkRADIO host Kevin O’Sullivan if Harry, who is reportedly constantly doting on pregnant Meghan, could “pull out” of the event.


Become an OK! VIP and see all our exclusives – for free!

Become an OK! VIP and you will unlock access to all of our big exclusives…

Be the first to meet the latest showbiz babies, see the most sought after wedding pictures of the year, or take a guided tour around your favourite star's lavish multi-million pound home – all for free!

Sign up here

Royal expert Russell then said: “I’m told he is still committed to coming. Both camps are.

“Certainly Kate and William will welcome him if he wants to come back.

“His intention is to come back. One may wonder, if his wife has just had a baby, I'm sure he could jump on a private jet and make a flying visit.

“But, will it be a convenient excuse so he doesn't have to come back and face the family?”

  • Download OK! magazine's FREE app and get all the latest gossip straight to your phone

  • Sign up to our daily newsletter for the BEST celebrity house tours and BIGGEST exclusive interviews

He added: “I think a lot will determine what happens in the interim period.

“Some quarters of the family did give him a frosty reception and perhaps that did shock him somewhat.

“I don't think we will realise the fallout of that Oprah Winfrey interview for some time.

“Maybe once we get back to a bit of normality, the rest of the family will start thinking about that a bit more carefully. It might not be good news for Harry.”

OK! online has contacted a representative for Harry for comment.

Prince Harry and brother Prince William, 38, announced the commission of the statue two years ago on the 20th anniversary of Princess Diana's death.

Source: Read Full Article