Strictly Come Dancing professional Anton Du Beke, 59, took to Instagram and addressed the future of his UK tour, Dance Those Magical Movies, alongside co-star Erin Boag. The BBC favourite revealed their joint tour will no longer be going ahead amid the coronavirus pandemic.
In view of his 214,000 followers, the Strictly pro shared a post of the official statement.
He captioned the message: “An important update about the remaining dates in our 2020 Tour in response to the latest Government advice regarding Coronavirus. Stay well, my loves.”
The lengthy statement read: “Following the latest information from the Government in response to the coronavirus and their advice the UK public avoid unnecessary social contact, venues around the country have begun to advise the closure in order to safeguard the health and safety of the public.”
The post went on to confirm that the remaining shows in York, Aberdeen, Gateshead, Edinburgh and Glasgow have been cancelled.
View this post on Instagram
An important update about the remaining dates in our 2020 Tour in response to the latest Government advice regarding Coronavirus. Stay well, my loves. Anton XX
A post shared byAnton Du Beke (@mrantondubeke) on
- Jeremy Clarkson warns fans he ‘fears future’ amid big emergency
Fans were quick to comment on the post as they reacted to the news.
One person said: “So sad we’ll miss you and Erin and the cast in another wonderful show on Thursday but it’s best to stay safe.”
Another person commented: “Sorry to hear that Anton but stay safe and enjoy more time with your beautiful family.”
While a third person added: “Such a shame for you and your fans, stay well everyone.”
Anton also shared the same message with his fans on Twitter following the cancellation of his tour.
It comes as Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced further preventative measures to halt the growing surge of the coronavirus.
Earlier this week, he issued advice to the public to avoid theatres and other social venues in response to COVID-19.
He said: “You should avoid pubs, clubs, theatres and other such social venues.
“The proprietors of those venues are taking the logical steps that you would imagine, you are seeing the change happen already.
“As for enforcement, we have the powers if necessary but I don’t believe it will be necessary to use those powers.”
Anton is just one of a number of Strictly performers who have had to cancel or postpone their dance shows in recent days.
Oti Mabuse recently announced that her dance experience alongside husband Marius lepure, which was due to be held in July this year, has been postponed.
- Coronavirus UK: The Strictly stars tours that have been cancelled
She recently shared a message with her 409,000 Instagram followers explaining that their show will be rescheduled following recent government guidelines to avoid mass gatherings following the coronavirus outbreak.
In the statement, the Strictly performer admitted we’re in “uncertain times” and told fans to stay safe.
The couple wrote: “It’s with a truly heavy heart that we announce that London Dance Nights 2020 has been postponed until further notice.
“The safety of our international and local competitors, performers, staff and most of our spectators is our priority.
“We were honestly looking forward to hosting a spectacular dance weekend but health comes first!”
Source: Read Full Article