VALENTINE'S Day is just around the corner, and if you're struggling to come up with a romantic date night idea we've got your back.
Here are some Valentine's lockdown ideas to help you to create an intimate evening at home, without breaking the bank.
After spending so much time indoors, it seems almost impossible to come up with an exciting idea that could turn your evening into a celebration of love with someone special.
But fear not: there are things that can spark up some flames and make Valentine's Day very special.
We've come up with ten Valentine's Day home date night ideas for you to choose from.
Always wanted to do an online wine tasting? Now is your chance. Or maybe crafting something together – like a pot from clay – would create a memorable evening.
Additionally, getting a meal delivery and talking about your future vacations can be just want you need.
Check out our ideas below for some romantic inspiration.
1. Do a cocktail making masterclass
- Online Cocktail Masterclass with Beyond the Bar for Two, £35 from Red Letter Days – buy here
- At Home Virtual Cocktail Masterclass, £90 from Virgin Experience Days – buy here
- Online Cocktail Masterclass with MAP Mansion, £100 from Red Letter Days – buy here
- Cocktail Making Set, £25.99 from Amazon – buy here
Miss dressing cute and heading out for some cocktails? You can now re-create all of this at home for a romantic experience.
If you love gin, this cocktail making masterclass might be perfect: one and a half hours of cocktail creation, together with an introduction to the history of gin.
Prepare to be gintertained.
2. Create a cinema night at home
- WiFi Mini Projector, £76.49 from Amazon – buy here
- Butterkist Movie Night Treat Box, £11.39 from Amazon – buy here
- Movie Night Inflatable Screen and Seating for 2, £110 from Red Letter Days – buy here
- Movie Night In With Popcorn, Pizza and a Film, £35 from Virgin Experience Days -buy here
- Gnaw Hot Chocolate Shot Gift Set, £8.50 from Oliver Bonas – buy here
A movie night can be very romantic, and you can create one in the comfort of your own home without splashing out on tickets.
If you want to make it extra special, get a cheap but reliable mini projector and some cinema-like popcorns; get ready to be carried away to the magical world of pictures.
Here are the top 50 Romance Movies, according to IMDB, for some Valentine's Day 2021 inspiration.
3. Get a meal delivery
- The Valentine’s meal collection from Mindful Chef – find it here
- Three Course Meal with Wine from Banquist, £99.90 from Red Letter Days – buy here
- Your favourite restaurant meal kits from Plateaway – here
If your usual Valentine's Day would involve dining out, you can simply re-create it without leaving your home.
Opt for a meal delivery service, and get everything you need to create a memorable chef-curated meal at your convenience.
There are plenty of healthy as well as vegan choices, and don't forget to pick up a bottle of wine with your next shop.
4. Have a dance party
- Nanoleaf Smart Lights, from £89.99 – buy here
- Marshall Acton II Bluetooth Speaker, £189 from John Lewis – buy here
Miss going out? You can easily re-create a night-out experience at home.
We'd suggest ordering some Nanoleaf Smart Lights – they look great and can easily help to set the right mood.
Don't forget to set up a speaker with your favourite beats and dance the night away with your better half.
5. Do a virtual wine tasting
- At Home Wine Tasting for Two with Six Bottles and Online Tutorial, £59.50 from Virgin Experience Days – buy here
- Discovery Reds, £50 from Laithwaites – buy here
Wine has always been associated with romance, and for all the right reasons: a glass of delicious drink in your hand can help you to open up about some of the most interesting (and intimate) topics.
If you want to do something different this Valentine's Day, you can get a wine tasting session with your loved one and get ready to discover the world of flavour.
We've found a great wine tasting experience from Virgin Experience Days: you'll get six bottles of wine and an online tutorial for two people for £59.50.
Life's too short to drink bad wine.
6. Play a romantic game
- Date Night Box Set, £17.95 from Amazon – buy here
- Our Moments Conversation Cards, £16.95 from Amazon – buy here
- Do you know me? Adult Party Game, £19.99 from Amazon – buy here
- Ann Summers Never Have I Ever Game, £8 from Moonpig – buy here
Fed up with date nights ending on the couch with another Netflix binge-watching session?
We suggest getting a romantic or a simple board game to get you two talking, playing or simply engaging with one another.
The Date Night Box Set is a great option because you and your partner can choose from three different game variations: Talk, Flirt or Dare Cards that can really spice up your night.
7. Craft together
- Home Pottery Kit, £42.99 from Etsy – buy here
- Ultimate Gin Maker's Kit, £24.99 from Amazon – buy here
- Vitascope Wooden Puzzle, £49.99 from Amazon – buy here
- Tuscan Pottery Date Night Experience, £33 from Buyagift – buy here
- Candle Making Craft Kit, £14.99 from PrezzyBox – buy here
- Heart Scratch Art Magnets, £3.95 from Baker Ross – buy here
Learning a new craft together with your other half can be a bonding experience.
You can simply put some music on the background and get carried away constructing a pot from clay.
We've found a great starter kit from Etsy, featuring everything you might need for someone who hasn't done anything like this before.
8. Pamper each other
- AromaHome Oil Electric Aroma Diffuser, £45 from Oliver Bonas – buy here
- Spacemasks Self Heating Eye Masks, £16 from Oliver Bonas – buy here
- Neal's yard remedies aromatic massage oil, £14 from Amazon – buy here
- Naissance 'No Knead to Stress' Relaxing Massage Oil, £7.99 from Amazon – buy here
- The Mineral Mud Sanctuary Home Pamper Package, £45 from Red Letter Days – buy here
- Skin Republic Face Masks, from £3.29 from Superdrug – buy here
Nothing can beat an old-fashion massage when it comes to showing affection.
Order an aromatic massage oil, watch some YouTube tutorials in advance and voila! You can enjoy a sensual and romantic evening by pampering (and getting pampered by) your loved one.
We also recommend getting some candles – Neom is a great brand to go for – and curating a playlist in advance to surprise your partner by creating an extra special evening.
9. Plan a future vacation
- Travel Planner, £12.58 from Amazon – buy here
- The Pahari, £19.99 from Papier – buy here
- Vintage Leather Travel Journal, £8.66 from Amazon – buy here
Even if you can't travel right now, mapping future vacations can be fun and romantic.
You can get a special journal or even a simple sheet of paper and get carried away making the most romantic plans around the globe.
10. Have a video game marathon
- LittleBigPlanet 3, £12.35 from Amazon – buy here
- Super Mario Bros, £39.99 from Argos – buy here
Looking to spend your date night a bit differently? A gaming night might just do the trick.
We suggest getting the LittleBigPlanet 3 game as it's fun and charming, easy to play if your partner isn't that into games, and is a co-op so you're working together towards the same goal rather than against each other.
Sounds like great fun, and a great treat for your partner if they brand themselves as a gamer.
11. Make desserts together
- Hamlyn All Colour Cookery: 200 Delicious Desserts, £5.19 from Amazon – buy here
- Dishoom Cook Book, £17.99 from Amazon – buy here
- Gennaro's Classic Italian Cookbook, £8 from WHSmith – buy here
- Oz Clarke's World of Wine, £6 from WHSmith – buy here
A dessert is almost synonymous with the word love, so why not to spend an evening making sweet creations?
If you and your partner are not fans of desserts, you can cook a never-tried meal, together with some starters.
You might want to get a cookbook in advance, as visualising the finished thing is often both appealing and inspiring.
12. Write a love letter
- The 50 Greatest Love Letters of All Time, £16.44 from Amazon – buy here
What can be more romantic when reading a hand written love letter?
Valentine's Day date night can be a great opportunity to say (or rhyme) how much you love your other half.
You can get some inspiration from the greatest love letters of all time, written by the likes of George and Barbara Bush, Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera, Harry and Bess Truman, and Virginia Woolf.
What can I do on Valentine's Day for a low budget?
Don't stress if you don't have a massive budget to spend this Valentine's Day, there are plenty of great things to do without the need to splash out.
You can try creating a gift yourself: it's the time to get creative. Think anything from writing a poem to giving a massage.
If you're organising a meal, opt for a prosecco rather than champagne and think through all your ingredients in advance.
How do I make her feel special on Valentine's Day?
If you want to make her feel special on Valentine's Day, you need to think in advance of how you'll create a memorable evening.
Think about her interests and likes: this will show that you truly know her.
Make sure you've planned everything in advance and took care of Valentine's Day present.
Set the scene in ahead of time: with a special playlist in the background, make sure she's all taken care of.
When is Valentine's day?
Valentine's Day falls on Sunday, February 14.
Each year it's celebrated on the same day with lovers showing their affection to each other by gifting, organising trips awayand giving undivided attention.
Enjoyed our roundup of Valentine's Day lockdown ideas? Here are the best Valentine's Day gifts for her in 2021.
You can now buy Valentine’s gonks – and people can’t get enough of them.
Sun Selects is designed to help you find the right product for your needs.
If you click on a link in this story we will earn affiliate revenue.
Source: Read Full Article